The Apprenticemakers Champion: A one day training workshop for business professionals
This one day Certificated workshop (9.30am-4.30pm) has been designed to train a cohort of champions with the knowledge and skills that will help them effectively support apprenticeships uptake amongst businesses in their region and sector.
Who is it for?
This course is for people who are keen to increase their knowledge of apprenticeships and their skills and abilities when championing a business related activity. It is relevant for:
- Business owners supportive of apprenticeships based on their own positive experiences
- Professionals in all businesses looking for additional knowledge and skills to support their supply chain
- Business support professionals such as mentors, coaches and business advisors that want to add apprenticeships to their knowledge base
- Business people that have regular contact with small businesses such as accountants, bank managers and trade association professionals who want to add apprenticeships knowledge to the support they give businesses
- Apprenticeship Ambassadors considering how to build their knowledge and skills to support their Ambassadorial role.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of an Apprenticemakers Champion and the skills and behaviours an effective champion needs
- Explain how apprenticeships are structured and funded and the upcoming changes in the apprenticeships landscape
- Understand the role of a training provider and how businesses can best select the right provider for their needs
- Understand the benefits of apprenticeships and how they can be communicated to different audiences
- Identify ways to put the Apprenticemakers Champion role into practice
- Evaluate their learning and have a CPD plan to take away
- Have an action plan to take away and use in their role as an Apprenticemakers Champion.
Delegates will receive:
- At the workshop they will receive:
- The Apprenticemakers Champion Workbook which includes more detail to support the learning activities on the day and enables learners to record their own notes during each activity.
- Apprenticemakers pocketbook.
- After the workshop they will receive:
- Apprenticemakers Champion Certificate from the IOEE. This is a recognised programme by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE).
- Access to the Apprenticemakers Champion group on Apprenticemakers to benefit from shared resources and best practice discussions.
- The Apprenticemakers Champion logo to use on their Apprenticemakers Profile as well as their own communications.
- Apprenticeship resources they can use support the SMEs they’re working with
- Registration for the monthly Apprenticemakers newsletter.
Feedback forms will assess learner experience and workshop objectives directly after the event and a follow up evaluation form will assess the impact of the champion’s activity following the workshop after an agreed period.
This is a participative, workshop style day where delegates will share their experiences through group activities and exercises.
- Welcome, introductions and breaking the ice
- The role and motivations of the Apprenticemakers Champion
- The skills and behaviours required to champion apprenticeships
- The benefits of using a mentoring approach
- Understanding apprenticeships and the process for small businesses
- The benefits of apprenticeships
- The challenges of finding what you need: how to help others find what they need from the process
- Apprenticeships reforms, funding and trailblazers and impact on small businesses
- Sources of support
- Putting the champion role into practice
- The audiences for apprenticeships, their motivations and communicating the benefits
- Addressing real life scenarios
- Review, evaluation and action planning
For further information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us using the form below.