Getting Apprenticeships Ready: For new apprentice employers
This half day workshop provides practical ideas and guidance to help small and medium sized businesses prepare for recruiting apprentice. Designed to either work as a stand-alone workshop or follow the ‘Understanding Apprenticeships’ workshop, this session provides ideas on how to successfully recruit, employ and manage apprentices.
Who is it for?
This course is for people who will have an active part to play in recruiting and employing one or more apprentices in their business.
It is relevant for:
- Business owners and directors of small and medium sized businesses.
- HR professionals that work closely with businesses to support their recruitment and employment processes.
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Understand the different ways to approach an apprenticeship scheme with support from training providers, ATAs or other sources.
- Gain ideas on how to source the best training provider or ATA.
- Understand the funding support available from government and how to access it.
- Gain an introduction to relevant employment law, contractual and health and safety requirements.
- Gain an introduction to useful recruitment and selection techniques for finding the right apprentice for your business.
- Understand the great ways to manage and support an apprentice.
- Understand how mentoring can offer ongoing support to apprentices and how to facilitate this in your business.
- Understand sources of support and guidance as an apprenticeship scheme progresses.
Delegates will receive:
- Apprenticemakers overview of apprenticeships readiness
- Access to Apprenticemakers to connect with budding and existing employers and to receive the monthly newsletter.
Feedback forms will assess learner experience directly after the event and a follow up evaluation form will assess the impact of the learning after an agreed period.
For further information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us using the form below.