Congratulations to all of the finalists of the National Apprenticeship Awards 2016. The winners of the awards were announced at a grand ceremony at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London on 20th January 2017.
- Unilever Small Employer of the Year: Ebsford Environmental Ltd
- British Gas Medium Employer of the Year: Troup Bywaters + Anders
- BAE Systems Award for Large Employer of the Year: Mercedes-Benz UK
- EON Award for Macro Employer of the Year: Mitie Group Plc
- Santander Award for Newcomer SME of the Year: Craggs Energy Ltd
- Rolls-Royce Award for Newcomer Large Employer of the Year: Bond Dickinson LLP
The ceremony also announced two highly commended employers in each category:
- Unilever Small Employer of the Year: ISO Quality Services Ltd and Blu Sky Tax
- British Gas Medium Employer of the Year: Metalcraft and Michael and Margaret Naylor and Associates
- BAE Systems Award for Large Employer of the Year: John O’Conner Grounds Maintenance Ltd and Yorkshire Housing
- EON Award for Macro Employer of the Year: Whitbread and Lloyds Banking Group
- Santander Award for Newcomer SME of the Year: Great Annual Savings Group and APTCOO – A Place To Call Our Own
- Rolls-Royce Award for Newcomer Large Employer of the Year: Pickfords Move Management Limited and Softcat
On accepting the Newcomer Large Employer of the Year award, Sam Lee, Head of Recruitment at Bond Dickinson LLP said:
“We took on apprentices because it was the right thing to do; for social mobility, improved staff retention and for the future of our business. But what’s amazed us most is how well the apprentices have performed, they still surprise us every day.
Recruiting apprentices as paralegals allows us to attract smart, enthusiastic and engaged people into law – people that never previously would have thought a career in law was for them, or even possible. We’re committed to continuing our apprenticeship scheme and building on it in the years ahead”.
Skills and Apprenticeships Minister Robert Halfon said:
“Apprenticeships work. They give people of all ages and all backgrounds the ladder of opportunity to get paid experience in work and a top class qualification at the same time.
The National Apprenticeship Awards ensure apprenticeships get the prestige they deserve, while shining a light on the fantastic work that both apprentices and their employers do. Congratulations to all the winners – they are champions showcasing how apprenticeships to give everyone the chance to get on”.
Also announced was the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list 2016, featuring the most exceptional apprenticeship employers from all of the National Apprenticeship Awards employer categories. The list shows the breadth of employers offering fantastic apprenticeship opportunities.