Championing Apprenticeships: A one day training workshop for apprentices
This one day workshop certificated by the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs (IOEE), has been designed to train a cohort of apprentices with the knowledge and skills that will help them confidently champion apprenticeships amongst budding apprentices and businesses in their region or sector.
Who is it for?
This course is for cohorts of apprentices that are promoting and championing apprenticeships amongst their peers, budding apprentices and the wider business community.
It enables organisations to offer their apprentices certificated training that will support their skills and abilities as an apprenticeships champion and as a business professional. Many of the learning outcomes will also have a positive impact on their wider professional development.
The workshop is relevant for:
- Apprentice Ambassadors who aim to build their knowledge and skills to support their Ambassadorial role
- Apprentices that are asked to visit schools and colleges to share their experiences
- Apprentices that attend business networking events, occasionally presenting, and promote the benefits of apprenticeships
- Apprentices that are keen to explore other ways that they can spread the word about apprenticeships.
- Apprentices that want to develop their business championing and interpersonal skills.
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand the skills and behaviours an effective champion needs
- Understand the benefits of apprenticeships and how they can be communicated to different audiences
- Understand the role of a training provider and how apprentices and businesses can best select the right provider for their needs
- Understand how apprenticeships are structured and funded and the upcoming changes in the apprenticeships landscape
- Identify ways to use a mentoring approach to discuss apprenticeships with businesses and budding apprentices
- Identify ways to put the champion role into practice
- Evaluate their learning and have a CPD plan to take away
- Have an action plan to take away and use in their role as a champion.
Delegates will receive:
- Apprenticeships Champion Workbook
- Apprenticeships Champion Certificate
- Access to the Apprenticeships Champion logo to use on their own communications and their Apprenticemakers Profile.
Feedback forms will assess learner experience and workshop objectives directly after the event and a follow up evaluation form will assess the impact of the champion’s activity following the workshop after an agreed period.
For further information and to discuss your requirements, please contact us using the form below.